At Rethink, our promise to you is that you will do the best work of your career. We know that to do the best work, we have to create and promote an environment where people are happy, inspired, appreciated, empowered, and having fun. Our ability to back that promise is rooted in our commitment to remain as a creative independent agency. So if you are ready to do the best work of your career while having fun, then read on.
Rethink is looking for an Assistant Editor…
What you’ll be doing…
- Assist and support Picture Editors with the needs of the editorial process.
- Sync Shoot Media with External Audio.
- Ingest, organize, log, and transfer Archival Media.
- Source Music, SFX, and other assets throughout the editorial process.
- Update and maintain project and media files.
- Troubleshoot potential technical issues with Project and Media.
- Provide EDLs/XMLs and AVTCs/OMFs to our post-production vendors.
- Conform Offline Sequence to include Online Media.
What you’ll bring…
- 1-2 years of experience working in relevant post-production positions.
- In-depth understanding of the pre-production, production, and post-production processes.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects and Media Encoder.
- Must have experience with data management and organizing media/bins for editors.
- A strong desire to increase their post-production skills, while being open to professional critique.
- Experience working within a shared storage and network environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Organized and able to multitask.
- Must be able to work remotely.
Want to join the most relentlessly creative independent agency in Canada? Please send us your reel along with your portfolio here.
We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits and additional employee perks!
Rethink is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from all intersections. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all selected candidates during any stage of the recruitment process.