At Rethink, our promise to you is that you will do the best work of your career. We know that to do the best work, we have to create and promote an environment where people are happy, inspired, appreciated, and empowered. Our ability to back that promise is rooted in our commitment to remain as a creative independent agency. So if you are ready to do the best work of your career while having fun, then read on.
We’re looking for a mid to senior level video editor to join the Rethink Vancouver office. As an editor, you will assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting and digital spots.
What you’ll be doing…
- Editing TV and online spots.
- Working closely with creative team on edits and revisions.
- Managing own media and archiving of projects.
- Bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
What you’ll bring…
- Previous experience as a video editor in advertising or related field.
- Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite, particularly After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledgeable with colour grading, familiar with Resolve a plus.
- Able to edit motion graphics.
- Knowledgeable of video formats/codecs/cameras and delivery specs for online and TV.
- Quick to learn new editing techniques/skills.
- Organized, timely, and focused.
- A good ear for music.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a creative team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good at collaborating with a team (across the three Rethink offices of Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal).
- Capable of adapting to changes and feedback well.
- Easy going, has a sense of humour and enjoys the social atmosphere of agency life.
- Experienced using LucidLink and Iconik is a bonus.
- Familiar with Tangent Element console for Resolve and Broadcast colour grading is a bonus.
- Any compositing/VFX experience is a bonus.
- Have trafficked via Extreme Reach is a bonus.
Want to join the most relentlessly creative independent agency in Canada? Please send us your resume here.
We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits and additional employee perks!
Rethink is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from all intersections. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all selected candidates during any stage of the recruitment process.