At Rethink, our promise to you is that you will do the best work of your career. We know that to do the best work, we have to create and promote an environment where people are happy, inspired, appreciated, and empowered. Our ability to back that promise is rooted in our commitment to remain as a creative independent agency. So if you are ready to do the best work of your career while having fun, then read on.
Rethink is looking for high-energy, ambitious people, who care about their colleagues and are ready to do the best work of their career. Everyone at Rethink brings different qualities and areas of expertise to the table, which results in a diverse group with unique knowledge and capabilities.
As the Editorial Director in Toronto, you will play a leadership role in Rethink’s new (and growing) Brand Narrative team. You will be responsible for developing and implementing world-class content strategies for a number of high-priority clients. Working in collaboration with PR, as well as the creative, strategy and account teams, you will be responsible for setting innovative content strategy, as well as planning and executing high-impact editorial plans. You’ll foster a healthy team environment for creative work while adding the right balance of structure and process to help the team operate effectively. You’ll form strong working relationships across the agency.
You have a love for big ideas and you know how to get things done. You have a knack for building relationships, building the right processes – you’re a connector of ideas and people. You’ve got a strong knowledge of the media landscape, have great relationships with the press and influencers, and you know how to generate and produce editorial concepts that resonate. You can own and direct projects from start to finish. You’re invested in the growth and development of your team, as their success is your success. And of course, you love the written word.
What you’ll be doing…
- Managing client relationships with some of our highest-priority clients, identifying and building out opportunities to drive business results via content strategy and the tactical application of earned media, sponsored content, and brand-channel content.
- Leading content strategy initiatives from beginning to end.
- Working collaboratively to lead multiple large projects, ensuring that they are executed in-market on time and on budget.
- Consulting/Supporting on PR team programs, identifying strategic ways to amplify creative campaigns via content/editorial.
- Fostering relationships with press, influencers, and possible business partners including external agencies and content studios.
What you’ll bring…
- 10+ years of senior leadership experience in content/editorial (experience leading consumer media brands an asset)
- Exceptional editorial instincts — you have a finely honed ability to identify which stories are going to engage which audiences, no matter the theme
- Exceptional writing and editing skills — you can produce a thoughtful feature-length article as easily as you can produce an attention-grabbing press release or a pithy headline
- Experience creating best-in-class content for client partners to drive business results
- Deep first-hand understanding of the media landscape
- A love of ideas and a passion for continuing to grow your craft
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Relationships — you’ve got solid relationships in the industry, and you’re good at building new ones.
- An entrepreneurial spirit — you take ownership of your work and bring fresh thinking to the table.
- A proactive approach — you can see the destination, and you know how to build the path there.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including added mental health benefits.
- Variety of employee perks.
- A leadership role in shaping a new discipline at Rethink
- No client meeting Mondays.
- Hybrid work environment.
- Mentorship program.
- Access to Rethink’s national DE&I committee and working groups.
- Training and Development opportunities.
Want to join the most relentlessly creative independent agency in Canada? Please send us your resume here.
Rethink is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from all intersections. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all selected candidates during any stage of the recruitment process. We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.