At Rethink our promise to you is that you will do the best work of your career. We know that to do the best work, we have to create and promote an environment where people are happy, inspired, appreciated, empowered, and having fun. Our ability to back that promise, is rooted in our commitment to remain as a creative independent agency. So if you are ready to do the best work of your career while having fun then read on.
We are looking for a IT Administrative Support to help us support our macOS client platform deployment and staff onboarding in order to deliver a seamless and consistent employee experience. As a key member of the IT Infrastructure team, you will be working with a talented team of System Administrators that are responsible for supporting critical IT services. This is a hybrid work environment which enables remote work but does require some in office functions.
What you’ll be doing…
- Assist with new project rollouts that evolve our macOS and iOS client platform management infrastructure.
- Support the macOS client deployment workflows built with Apple Business Manager, Simple MDM and Munki for new and re-deployed devices.
- Provision cellular lines and iOS devices for end users.
- Support additional Tier 1 IT Infrastructure services as required (G Suite, Active Directory, SAML, Zendesk, Slack, Jump Cloud, O365 etc).
- Provide tier 1 technical support for our staff via the ticketing system and real time messaging, and in person office support may be required when needed.
- Provide some monitoring and resolution of issues for on-site equipment, such as boardroom AV equipment.
- Maintain tracking of asset management in our asset tracking system.
- Provide new staff IT account creation, logistics, and onboarding training.
- Maintain support documentation, writing internal knowledge base articles as required.
- Assist in routine backup and disaster restore testing with direction from the IT team.
What you’ll bring…
- Junior level of relevant work experience, post-secondary education not required
- Familiarity with macOS and with Apple technology
- Some knowledge of Python and Shell scripting not required, but nice to have
- Proven ability to translate technical issues into understandable language for end-users
- Willingness to learn new systems and vendors, as needed
- Ability to lift hardware devices, i.e., servers, routers, and switches.
- Able to write clear documentation for internal and client use.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Problem Solving: Uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems. Knowing when to escalate to other team members for expedited support when needed
- Open Communication: Clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking relevant questions for clarification and understanding
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Bilingual: English and French is an asset but not required
What you’ll learn…
- How a cloud-based global environments works with SaaS applications functions (G-Suite, Jump Cloud, Zendesk, Slack)
- MDM experience with macOS and remote device configuration/management
- How to manage open source Mac OS management tools like Munki
Want to join the most relentlessly creative independent agency in Canada? Please send us your resume here.
We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits and additional employee perks!
Rethink is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from all intersections. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all selected candidates during any stage of the recruitment process.