At Rethink, our promise to you is that you will do the best work of your career. We know that to do the best work, we have to create and promote an environment where people are happy, inspired, appreciated, empowered, and having fun. Our ability to back that promise is rooted in our commitment to remain as a creative independent agency. So if you are ready to do the best work of your career while having fun, then read on.
We are looking for an experienced IT Security Specialist to join the Rethink IT team .
This role reports to the National IT Director, based in Toronto. This individual will define, enforce, and audit security policies across multiple business enabling technologies. The specialist will ensure all technologies are configured efficiently and operated effectively within our macOS client platform
As a key member of the IT team, you will be working with a talented team of System Administrators that are responsible for supporting critical IT services and infrastructure.
This role will be based in Toronto, primarily supporting Rethink’s security landscape and will also support/assist the Toronto and Montreal offices’ operational requirements with the rest of the team.
What you’ll be doing…
- Actively monitor, review, and respond to alerts from various information security platforms and tools.
- Implement and maintain information security platforms and tools within the organizational infrastructure.
- Work with existing infrastructure and application teams to operationalize, enforce, and track compliance with information security policies.
- Monitor systems for vulnerabilities and provide prioritization and guidance for remediation.
- Maintain the information security risk register and exception management process.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs).
- Support the vendor risk assessment process to highlight risks and compensating controls for both new and existing vendors.
- Assist with development and execution of the information security roadmap.
- Drive and support information security culture, values, and best practices throughout the organization.
- Keep up to date with trends and developments in information security and risk management.
- Ensure that all projects, programs, and initiatives adhere to the documented security requirement standards
- Manage Google workspace platform and device security and improvements.
- Support the macOS client deployment workflows built with Apple Business Manager, Simple MDM and Munki for new and re-deployed devices.
- Support and maintenance of additional Tier 1 – 3 IT Infrastructure services as required (G Suite, Active Directory, SAML, Zendesk, Slack, Jump Cloud, etc).
- Monitor cloud platforms security and fine tune security dashboards and alerts.
- Assist in hardening of network firewall, switches, desktops and servers.
- Assist in regular user trainings on cyber education and security policies.
- Multitasking in high stress situations while ensuring that no details are missed.
- Exercising good judgment when dealing with issues and ensuring a sense of urgency in their resolution while remaining calm and focused.
- Taking the initiative and working proactively with minimal supervision is a must.
What you’ll bring…
- 3+ years of experience working within the information security field (additional IT experience considered an asset).
- Experience working in multiple security domains (Security and Risk Management, Security Operations, Communications and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Vulnerability Management, etc.).
- Ability to manage and execute multiple work streams and initiatives in parallel.
- Experience with cyber security risk management including conducting risk assessments, developing risk mitigation recommendations, and reporting.
Want to join the most relentlessly creative independent agency in Canada? Please send us your resume here.
We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits and additional employee perks!
Rethink is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from all intersections. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all selected candidates during any stage of the recruitment process.