At Rethink, our promise to you is that you will do the best work of your career. We know that to do the best work, we have to create and promote an environment where people are happy, inspired, appreciated, and empowered. Our ability to back that promise is rooted in our commitment to remain as a creative independent agency. So if you are ready to do the best work of your career while having fun, then read on.
Rethink is looking for high-energy, ambitious people, who care about their colleagues and are ready to do the best work of their career. Everyone at Rethink brings different qualities and areas of expertise to the table, which results in a diverse group with unique knowledge and capabilities.
As the PR Specialist in Toronto, you will be developing the go-to-market strategy for a number of clients and campaigns. Working in lock-step with the new (and growing) PR Team, you will be responsible for setting the strategy, planning and executing innovative and impactful PR plans. You’ll foster a healthy team environment for creative work while adding the right balance of structure and process to help the team operate effectively. You’ll form strong working relationships with creative and strategic teams across the agency.
You have a love for big ideas and you know how to get things done. You have a knack for building relationships, building the right processes – you’re a connector of ideas and people. You’ve got a strong knowledge of the media landscape, have great relationships with the press and influencers, and you know how to launch an idea into the world. You can own and direct projects from start to finish with little guidance. You’re invested in the growth and development of your team, as their success is your success. And of course, you love the written word.
What you’ll be doing…
- Managing client relationships with some of our biggest PR clients, focusing on opportunities in amplifying campaigns and meeting business objectives via tactical application of earned media, sponsored opportunities.
- Leading influencer collaborations from beginning to end.
- Leading multiple large projects ensuring that they are executed in-market on time and on budget.
- Building PR plans by collaborating with internal teams to find strategic ways to amplify creative campaigns.
- You must be a great writer who can create a press release that earns attention.
- Fostering relationships with press and influencers.
What you’ll bring…
- 3-5 years of industry experience.
- A passion for continuing to grow your craft.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Solid creative instinct.
- Relationships – you’ve got solid relationships in the industry, and you’re good at building new ones.
- An entrepreneurial spirit – you take ownership of your work and bring fresh thinking to the table.
- A proactive approach – you can see the destination, and you know how to build the path there.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including added mental health benefits.
- Variety of employee perks.
- No client meeting Mondays.
- Hybrid work environment.
- Mentorship program.
- Access to Rethink’s national DE&I committee and working groups.
- Training and Development opportunities.
Want to join the most relentlessly creative independent agency in Canada? Please send us your resume here.
Rethink is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from all intersections. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all selected candidates during any stage of the recruitment process.
We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.